Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Yesterday morning I received a forwarded e-mail from Ryan. It was a note from Madelyn's teacher.

Hey Ryan,
This is a message from Madelyn; she is standing here helping me type this. She lost her tooth this morning!!!!! Right after our Superkids lesson she let me pull it! Wow!!! It was exciting for everyone, our first lost here in class! I think the Tooth Fairy needs notified immediately. She has a "sealed" envelope with it wrapped in a tissue.
Madelyn and Pam.


Mrs. Olson gave Madelyn a certificate for losing her tooth.


Ryan and Madelyn had both tried to pull that tooth prior to school but had no luck. I guess Mrs. Olson has the special touch.




Madelyn was very excited about losing her first tooth, as were we. We put it in a baggie with a letter to the tooth fairy requesting to keep her very first tooth so I could put it in Madelyn's scrapbook. Then Madelyn stuck it under her pillow.



At 5:51am this morning Madelyn came bounding in to our bedroom so excited that the Tooth Fairy had left fairy dust and money (and that nice little tooth fairy left Madelyn's first tooth too). Thankfully I convinced Madelyn to crawl in bed with me and go back to sleep, but not until after I put the baggie with the money and tooth on the night stand (because she didn't want to put it back under her pillow just in case the tooth fairy came back).

Inflation is a killer these days, $5.00 for the first tooth?!?!?

1 comment: