Tuesday, June 9, 2009

10th Anniversary Celebration in Cancun!

We had a fantastic time while in Cancun. It was awesome staying at an all inclusive resort. We felt like royalty at the Sun Palace Resort where only adult couples were permitted. The waiters/waitresses were always so pleasant and accomodating. At the dinner buffets they would carry our filled plates back to our table, pull out our chairs and place our napkins on our laps. When we would say thank you they would say "my pleasure." The food was great and the drinks were even better (although I was actually tired of NY strip and Mexican food by the time we left). Our room was always cleaned at least once a day if not twice and sometimes we even had fun towel animals left for our amusement. We usually started our mornings by the pool before 10:00am with a drink in hand. The infinite pool with the swim up bar was one of my favorite places. The ocean was beautiful but I much preferred to only wade in it while the rest of the group would play in the waves. I just wasn't much on getting a saline wash every time I got in. We enjoyed a day at the Mexican Market where we bartered for items. We road the city bus daily and were not disappointed with the variety of entertainment. :) We had free drinks and food at the Moon, Beach and Cancun palace also and made sure to make an appearance at each at some point in our trip. The fellows spent one morning scuba diving while the ladies soaked up the sun at the Moon Palace. One morning Ryan and I and Brandon and Lisa tried out tandem parasailing, where I discovered motion sickness. We spent an evening at Margaritaville and an evening at Senor Frogs, the rest of the evenings we spent at the resort bar. I would have loved to have slept in each morning but Ryan was up before 7:00am each morning ready to start the day.

We would have enjoyed staying a couple more days but sure did miss our girl. We hope to take more vacations to all inclusive resorts, but most likely Madelyn will be going with us on future trips. We felt guilty having such a good time without her. But I know she was in excellent hands and had a fun time with our families.

Here are just a few pictures of our trip:

















2 comments:

Jen said...

Loved the photos! Glad it was such a memorable trip!

Trudy said...

Fun, Fun, FUN!