This was my sixth 1/2 marathon and my ideal goal was to have a PR (personal record) and beat my previous PR of 2:00. I felt like I had trained well but wasn't sure I had trained hard enough. The weather was perfect for race day, overcast and cool. Start time was 7:30am, nice and chilly then. The first two miles were a clustered mess as people were trying to find their pace. I always struggle with the first 2 miles because I don't want to go too fast or too slow and my legs are always sluggish. Miles 3-4 I was trying to find my groove. Miles 5-8 I found my groove, and had negative splits. Miles 9-11 ho hum, miles 12-13 let's get this over, .1 sprint to the finish. My official time 1:58:32, that is my new PR!!!!!!. I was smiling from ear to ear when I crossed the finish line under 2 hours.
I averaged 9:02 minute miles, I came in 440/1067 overall and 37/119 for the 35-39 age group. I'm still giddy.
My friend and running partner, Angelia, completed her first 1/2 today. Her goal was 2:20 and she came in at 2:16. I was so proud of her. All her hard training paid off.
Our camera set on some funky setting, hence the odd color.
We did it!!
3 comments:
Way to go Jen..love you!
Great job ladies!!
AWESOME! Congrats on the new PR. Damn... that's a fast 13.1!
Proud of you!
Post a Comment