Well actually there were 105 baby quail in a brooder, but one died which leaves us with 104. But, I thought there were 100 to begin with and as I was singing that tune Ryan informed me there were 105. That kind of put a damper on the title and my tune but I decided to go with it anyway.
Ryan's annual quail farming has begun again. He picked up 105 week old baby chics last week, 25 of them are in a brooder in our back yard (yes we are the Clampits in town!!), and the rest are in a surrogator on the lease. So far, so good with the chics, except for one unforutunate one. The way I look at it, it is better to die young than grow up and get blown up by a shot gun. Take your pick, either way you're dead. Just saying.
Regardlesss of their fate, I still call them cute and want to name each of them.
This is the surrogator where most of the chics reside. It has automatic food and water and heat set up so the quail do not get used to human contact.



These two cannot wait for the day when the quail are released and they can hunt, and hunt, and hunt.


And this one cannot resist not having her picture taken every time I have the camera out.
No comments:
Post a Comment