Friday, September 5, 2008

Kindergarten Parent Meeting

Yesterday evening the Kindergarten parents had a meeting with the teacher. We all met prior to the first day but the teachers wanted the parents to come together again and discuss how things are going in Kindergarten and what they hope for the kids to learn. I must say it was quite amusing to see a bunch of adults sitting in little bitty kindergarten chairs during the meeting.
As Ryan and I looked around the room we noticed a bulletin board that had the names of all the kids that knew their colors. There are twenty kids in Madelyn's class and only nineteen names were listed. Guess whose name was not listed? Yep, Madelyn. Ryan and I were a bit concerned because we had thought we had done a decent job of teaching Madelyn her colors. Since I'm a helicopter mama (I like to hover), or so Ryan says, we asked the teacher why Madelyn's name is not on the board. She said she must have left her off by mistake because she was quite sure that Madelyn knew all her colors. That was quite a relief to hear.

Today when I got home from work and was checking my e-mail this is what I found from Madelyn's teacher:

Hey Ryan and Jennifer,
I just want to thank you for keeping me on my toes and apologize again for stressing you out about the K checking! The chart is fixed!!! Madelyn is doing just GREAT!!!! I love having her in class; she is bright, witty, and lots of fun!!!!! I'm so glad to be getting to know her and sharing this year!!!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Pam Olson


I'm sure there will be many more concerns we come across while Madelyn is in school, but thankfully this one was easily resolved.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Madelyn is as smart as a whip. You've no worries. :)

Anonymous said...

SHE IS GREAT, AND A LEADER. PRESIDENT OF HER CLASS. JUST LIKE HER poo pa

Dana and Kris said...

Way to attack the teacher Jen! Geez!