Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you on that September Day?

Where were you seven years ago on 9/11/01? I remember like it was yesterday. I was pregnant with my very first baby. Ryan and I were heading West Bound on Kellogg in Wichita. I was driving him to his doctor's appt. He was having a dye test because of back problems he had been having since the previous February. We were listening to the radio when they broke in with the news that a tower had been hit. I dropped Ryan off and went to work. I remember someone setting up several TVs in the breakroom and other places where I worked. I, along with many other co-workers spent hours in front of the TV watching the news coverage. I remember not feeling safe anymore. I remember praying over and over for the victim's, their families and our country. I remember calling Ryan on his cell phone several times throughout the day and talking about the terrible tragedy that had just occurred in our country. When I left work to pick up Ryan I remember that gas prices had sky rocketed and cars were lined up at gas stations filling up before they went even higher. There were people selling the Wichita Eagle at every intersection with that story of course being front page news. Our country was forever changed that day. I still pray for the victim's families and the individuals that have lost their lives because of that dreadful day. I pray for the soldiers that continue to fight for our freedom and safety. I am thankful every day for the brave men and women that selflessly serve our country.

No comments: